Please join us in celebrating Volunteer Appreciation Month and recognizing Meghan Leach, our Support Group Facilitator in St. Louis, Missouri. Here's Meghan's answer when asked "Why facilitate a Support Group?
I am beyond a walking miracle and I want to help as much as I can with brain injuries. I sustained a traumatic brain injury with a subdural hematoma from a skateboarding accident. I survived with 90 percent of the odds against me. Only 10 percent of people who have a TBI subdural hematoma [...]
I sustained a TBI from a 24' vertical fall in Nov 2011. In addition to the TBI, I fractured three cervical vertebrae, my mandible and facial bones. My ER and ICU stay was 6 weeks followed by 3 months of intensive inpatient therapy. Then another 6 months of outpatient PT, OT and Speech Therapy. Then it was "back to work for me" as suggested by [...]