The Brain Injury Association of Missouri website provides information on the latest brain injury care strategies, research findings and advocacy initiatives. We also provide updates on Brain Injury Association programs, partners and events. Our audience includes individuals who have sustained brain injuries, caregivers, clinicians, researchers, professionals, advocates and the general public.
We work to ensure that the information provided on this site is accurate, timely and useful. However, the information contained on the site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors and should not be considered medical guidance. The Brain Injury Association of Missouri, its affiliates or agents, or any other parties involved in the preparation or publication of this site are not responsible for errors or omissions in information or any actions resulting from the use of such information. Visitors are encouraged to confirm the information contained here and to direct any questions concerning their personal health to licensed health care professionals.
By using this website, you consent to the Brain Injury Association of Missouri’s policies as described below.
Trademarks & Logos
Using any of the Brain Injury Association of Missouri’s registered trademarks or logos without the Association’s prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
Copyright and Reprint Permissions
The Brain Injury Association of Missouri retains copyright on the content of this site, unless otherwise noted. Any person is authorized to use, copy, and distribute any complete page or, where a document consists of more than one page, any complete document contained on this website, including related graphics, subject to the following conditions:
- Use, copying, and distribution shall be solely for informational, non-commercial purposes;
- No graphic elements on any page or document on this website may be used, copied, or distributed separate from the accompanying text; and
- The reprint must acknowledge the Brain Injury Association of Missouri’s copyright.
It is the policy of the Brain Injury Association of Missouri to provide for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users who are repeat infringers of copyrighted works.
Third parties may establish a link to any portion of the Brain Injury Association of Missouri website with the acknowledgement that all content is subject to revision or removal. In general, the Brain Injury Association of Missouri does not accept unsolicited requests to link to external sites. Where an external link is provided, the Brain Injury Association of Missouri is not responsible for the information or advice provided on the external site.
By submitting any information to the Brain Injury Association of Missouri, you represent and warrant that the submission is accurate to your best knowledge, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights. The Brain Injury Association of Missouri does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorses any opinions expressed by users. User acknowledges that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk. The Brain Injury Association of Missouri is under no obligation to exercise control over any content you or others submit when using the website.
By participating in BIA-MO social media platforms, you agree that you have read and will follow these guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, BIA-MO reserves the right to delete posts from participants who violate these guidelines and to suspend or terminate the right of any participation for any reason without notice. If you have questions about these guidelines, please contact BIA-MO at email@example.com.
BIA-MO Social Media Guidelines
The creation of BIA-MO labeled social media channels on the BIA-MO website and third party social media websites, and any postings and comments therein, shall not contain or link to language or illustrations that:
- Are libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, demeaning, derogatory, abusive, ad hominem, or off-topic
- Are solely for commercial purposes
- Endorse any candidate or office holder or partisan political position
- Include spam or chain letters
- Violate third party’s privacy rights, proprietary rights, or any other applicable local, state, national, or international law
- Degrade others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification
Keep in mind that information posted on these social media channels is available for all to see, and comments are subject to defamation, antitrust, and other laws. BIA-MO will not be held liable for any injury or damage resulting from statements posted on BIA-MO labeled social media channels.
The Legal Stuff
Security & Privacy
The Brain Injury Association of Missouri is committed to protecting the privacy of its website visitors. We collect two types of information about site visitors:
Web Server Information
The Brain Injury Association of Missouri collects your IP address to analyze trends, administer the site, track the number of visitors to our site, length of stay and sources of traffic. We use this information to help improve our site and our service to you. IP addresses are not linked to personal information and the data we collect is aggregated.
We collect name, e-mail addresses and other personal information only when you provide it to us when requesting information from us, responding to a survey or opinion poll or completing an electronic transaction, such as a purchase from our Marketplace or an online donation. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information.
A cookie is a piece of data sent to your Web browser and stored on your hard drive. Cookies help us improve our website by tracking and targeting the interests of our users as they visit different sections of our site. Cookies do not contain any personal information.
If you have questions concerning any of the Brain Injury Association of Missouri policies, please contact us at 703-761-0750 or by e-mail.
DCMA Notification Guildelines
To notify the Brain Injury Association of Missouri of alleged copyright or trademark infringement on any of our websites, send a notice to the address shown below. Please be sure to provide ALL of the following information (it is all required by 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3)):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringe;
- Identification of the specific protected work that you claim is being infringed or the subject of infringing activity (if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works), along with information sufficient to permit us to locate the materials;
- Identification of the material that you claim is infringing upon protected rights and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled (if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works), along with information sufficient to permit us to locate the materials;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail (“email”) address (and the preferred method of contact, if you have one;
- This statement: I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the material’s owner, or its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the rights that you claim are being infringed.
Upon receipt of the above information, BIA-MO will promptly investigate and take appropriate action, then notify you of that action at the contact address you provide. We may need to contact you for more information before we take action.
Designated Agent for Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement
Public Affairs Manager
2265 Schuetz Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63146