Brain Injury Association of Missouri
16th Annual Statewide Conference
October 1 – 2, 2020
Thank you to everyone who participated in the virtual BIA-MO 16th Annual Statewide Conference on October 1 and 2, 2020.
The Brain Injury Association of Missouri (BIA-MO) Annual Statewide Professional Conference is the only conference in Missouri developed to specifically address issues relating to brain injury.
It is the premier educational opportunity for professionals who provide care for individuals with brain injury.
National and local experts share current research, innovative therapeutic strategies and best practice treatments to further develop knowledge and skills to improve the quality of life for survivors of brain injury.
2020 Session Topics Included:
- Post-Traumatic Pediatric Seizures
- Aging with Brain Injury
- Tele-Rehabilitation – What Works in the COVID-19 Era
- Family Support and Education for Adjusting to Life with Brain Injury
- Visual Deficits, Prisms and Visual Spatial Neglect
- Resiliency Training for Staff Working with Clients with Extreme Behavioral Needs: Addressing Trauma as it Applies to Individuals in Settings Where Behavioral Challenges are Prominent
- Frontal Lobe Damage
- Medications and Brain Injury – Interactions and Genetic Testing Markers
- Concussions/mTBI – Return to Activities
- Medical Marijuana in Missouri: What’s Next?
- CBIS – What Is It and Why Is It Important?
- Military Veteran Farmers: Heroes to Hives
- Survivor Presentation – Brent Clark
Miss the 16th Annual Conference this year? Email Conference@biamo.org to be put on the mailing list for the 2021 BIA-MO 17th Annual Statewide Conference.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Thank you again to our Sponsors for supporting the virtual BIA-MO 16th Annual Statewide Conference.
See the links below to learn more about these sponsors just in case you missed them at the Annual Conference.
Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Rehabilitation Track Sponsor
SSM Health Rehabilitation Network
Military Veteran Farmer Track Sponsor
Missouri AgrAbility Project
Missouri AgrAbility Project Brochure
Lincoln University Brochure
Brain Injury Foundation of St. Louis
Missouri Department of Commerce and Insurance
This project was supported, in part by grant number 90TBSG0040-01-00, from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201. Grantees undertaking projects under government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official Administration for Community Living policy.
These materials are based upon work supported by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), United States Department of Agriculture, Under sponsored project number 2018-41590-22323 and 2018-70017-28578.