2015 Conference Overview
The Brain Injury Association of Missouri 11th Annual Statewide Conference is the only conference in Missouri dedicated to current trends in innovative therapeutic strategies, cutting-edge and best practices treatment options, and research specifically relating to brain injury.
This Conference featured national and local experts addressing issues of interest to professionals, survivors of brain injury and family members.
Sessions held Thursday, October 15 and Friday, October 16 focused on topics of interest to healthcare professionals, rehabilitation specialists, social workers, vocational counselors, physicians, psychologists, mental health professionals, case managers, service coordinators, and others providing care for persons with brain injury.
On Saturday, October 17, a special seminar was held for survivors of brain injury and their families.
Conference Professional Audience
· Therapists - physical, occupational, speech
· Medical Personnel - physicians, nurses, neurologists
· Mental Health Professionals - social workers, counselors, psychologists, neuropsychologists
· Rehabilitation Specialists - medical, therapy, mental health
· Care Coordinators - case managers, service coordinators, discharge planners
· Vocational Experts - vocational counselors, job developers
· Community Support Staff - independent living experts, personal care attendants, support providers
Conference Schedule at a Glance
Thursday, October 15, 2015
· How to Advocate for Your BI Clients in Returning to the Workplace
· Life After Brain Injury and Possible Complications
· The Impact of Blast Exposure and Signs of Early Aging in the Brain of Troops
· Resources: Post-Acute Care Through Independence in the Community
· Common Medications with Different Reactions with TBI
· The Practice of Assisting by Teaching/Not Doing for Individuals Who Have Survived a Brain Injury
· Educating and Counseling Challenging Families in Neurorehabilitation
Friday, October 16, 2015
· Advanced Diagnosis and Treatment of Imbalance/Dizziness in the TBI Patient by Physical Therapy
· Neurobehavioral Impact of Brain Injury
· Treatment and Rehabilitation of Stroke vs. Traumatic Brain Injury
· How to Advocate with Legislators
· Complementary Therapies
· Post-Concussion Syndrome: Managing Migraines and Other Symptoms Afterward
· Co-diagnosis with Brain Injury and Mental Illness
· Something that Matters: Understanding, Supporting and Empowering Survivors of Brain Injury
Plan to join us for the BIA-MO 12th Annual Statewide Professional Conference in October 2016. Specific dates and times to be determined. Contact Us to receive information about the BIA-MO 12th Annual Statewide Conference.