2016 Conference Overview
The Brain Injury Association of Missouri 12th Annual Statewide Conference is the only conference in Missouri dedicated to current trends in innovative therapeutic strategies, cutting-edge and best practices treatment options, and research specifically relating to brain injury.
This Conference features national and local experts addressing issues of interest to professionals, survivors of brain injury and family members.
Sessions held Thursday, October 13 and Friday, October 14 will focus on topics of interest to healthcare professionals, rehabilitation specialists, social workers, vocational counselors, physicians, psychologists, mental health professionals, case managers, service coordinators, and others providing care for persons with brain injury.
On Saturday, October 15, a special seminar is held for survivors of brain injury and their families.
Conference Professional Audience
· Therapists - physical, occupational, speech
· Medical Personnel - physicians, nurses, neurologists
· Mental Health Professionals - social workers, counselors, psychologists, neuropsychologists
· Rehabilitation Specialists - medical, therapy, mental health
· Care Coordinators - case managers, service coordinators, discharge planners
· Vocational Experts - vocational counselors, job developers
· Community Support Staff - independent living experts, personal care attendants, support providers
Conference Schedule at a Glance
Thursday, October 13, 2016
· Neuro Imaging and TBI
· Aging with Brain Injury
· Neurological Disorder Treatments via Telehealth
· Motivational Interviewing
· Pediatric Brain Injuries
· Understanding WIOA: Missouri’s New Workforce Partnership
· Yoga and Tai Chi for use in Prevention and Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury and Stroke
· Changes to Healthcare and Impact on Services that Affect Resource Referral
Friday, October 14, 2016
· Decreasing Burnout for Health Care Professionals
· Substance Abuse and Brain Injury: Strategies that work despite cognitive and behavioral impairment
· Treating Patients with Severe Disorder of Consciousness
· Treatment of Brain Injury in Home Health Services
· Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA): What is it and how can it benefit individuals with TBI?
· Post-Concussion Syndrome: Managing Migraines and Other Symptoms Afterward
· Chill, Thrill, Heal: From Traumatic Brain Injury to Personal Trainer
Registration will be opening soon!